- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
November 19, 2013 - BGI Health, one of BGI’s affiliates, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with United Arab Emirates (UAE) Star Metropolis Clinical Laboratories (STAR Metropolis) to jointly introduce genetic testing technologies to the UAE, other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries & Middle East and African regions.
The collaboration will mainly focus on non-invasive fetal trisomy test, hereditary cancer testing, monogenic disorder genetic testing, personalized medical healthcare, etc. to improve the reproductive healthcare in the population.
STAR Metropolis is a locally registered company in UAE, and is the part of Arabian Healthcare LLC. STAR Metropolis is poised to spread its services and activities to other GCC and rest of the Arabia. STAR Metropolis has wide range of tests covering most of the medical disciplines for advanced diagnostic and pathological services. Star Metropolis Laboratories has been awarded the Accreditation of Medical based on ISO 15189:2007 by DAC.
Dr. Jingxiang Li, Chief Executive Officer of BGI Asia-Pacific said, “We are delighted to enter an intention of collaboration with STAR Metropolis. This collaboration will not only bring into cutting-edge genetic technologies, but also help to improve the population health and boost the international collaboration.”