- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Dr. Ren Wang, Senior Vice President of BGI Attended International Symposium on Agricultural Innovation for Family Farmers
- Successful Completion of China-Africa Public Health Training Program at CNGB
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doha, Qatar (September 24, 2013) – BGI-Health, a subsidiary sequencing application unit of BGI, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Sidra Medical and Research Center to bring genomics technology and population studies to Middle Eastern and North African countries (MENA).
The partnership provides for direct engagement and coordination between BGI Health and Sidra on genomics, research and development. Collaboration will focus on reproductive health, new born screening, autism, hereditary cancer, monogenic disorders, and exome sequence-based personalized medical healthcare. Additionally, BGI Health will provide genetic testing to meet the demands of Sidra and the MENA region, namely, pre-marital, pre-conception, pre-implantation, pre-natal and pre-school testing for a large number of genes relevant to disease. BGI Health will be the first organization to offer clinically genetic testing by NGS technology in Qatar.
Dr. Jingxiang Li, Chief Executive Officer of BGI Asia-Pacific said, “we’re delighted to embark on this partnership with Sidra, and to jointly establish a genomic center of excellence with emphasis on the clinical applications of NGS. An integration of BGI’s expertise on sequencing and bioinformatics, along with Sidra’s pioneering clinical and translational research, will lead to exciting prospects in the development of genomic translational medicine and personalized health care.”
Dr. William F. Owen Jr, Chief Executive Officer of Sidra said, “it is a major milestone for Sidra to partner with BGI Health, an established, world-class genomics leader. This agreement will facilitate routine, interactive relationships between Sidra and other local scientists in research and development. Obviously, this will bring important benefits to the people of Qatar and the wider region through cutting-edge genomics and R&D.”
The collaboration welcomes the new coupling of BGI Health and MENA, will promote further communication in health, research, education and bring more breakthroughs in the MENA region.
About Sidra Medical and Research Center
Sidra Medical and Research Center is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical center which will set new standards in patient care for women and children in Qatar, the Gulf region and internationally. It encompasses three essential missions: World-Class Patient Care, Medical Education and Biomedical Research.