- BGI Successful Participation in 15th China-ASEAN Expo to Further Promote the China-ASEAN Cooperation Under Belt and Road
- A Delegation from Silicon Valley Bank Visits CNGB and BGI Headquarters
- Delegation form STI Policy Research and Method in Belt and Road Countries Workshop and CISTRAT Visits CNGB
- BGI Attends the 2018 Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation to Show its Support for Cooperation
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 30, 2013 - BGI Health, one of BGI’s affiliates, and Istenhegyi Genetics Diagnostic Centre have formed strategic partnership for introducing non-invasive fetal trisomy (NIFTY) test to Hungary. This collaboration will bring huge benefits to all the pregnant women in Hungary to have a healthy baby.
NIFTY test is an innovative genetic screening test that can detect Downs Syndrome, Edwards Syndrome and Patau Syndrome with an accuracy of 99.9%. This non-invasive prenatal test in the first trimester of pregnancy has huge advantages in its high accuracy and sensitivity without posing any risk to the fetus, which has been widely accepting by pregnant women.
Istenhegyi Centre for Genetic Diagnostics, Gynecology and Family Planning was founded by Hungarian experts in 2001. Its main activities include investigate the background of infertility, embryo examinations and complete prenatal care. Risk factor tests, histology and cytology tests, virus and bacterial tests and genetic tests for targeted cancer therapy are also performed.
BGI was founded on September 9th, 1999, with headquarters in Shenzhen, China. It is one of the largest genomics organizations in the world with significant contributions to genetic research. Its affiliates and offices cover regions of Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. With a goal toward excellence, high efficiency, and accuracy, BGI is dedicated to improving the lives of people by facilitating advancements in innovative biological research, agricultural improvement, environmental protection and healthcare.
BGI Health is a subsidiary sequencing application unit of BGI and provides genetic testing of Chromosome diseases, Monogenic disorder, Hereditary hearing loss, Thalassemia, Neonatal hereditary metabolic disease, Leukemia, Cervical cancer and Hepatitis with its screening and diagnosis technology system throughout human life cycle.
Facts and data:
BGI has successfully completed a large number of accomplishments, including sequencing 1% of the human genome for the International Human Genome Project, contributing 10% to the International Human HapMap Project, carrying out research to combat SARS and the deadly E. coli outbreak strain in Germany
BGI is focusing on clinical application of genetic testing technology with aim to decrease birth defects and various human diseases.
Istenhegyi Centre for Genetic Diagnostics, Gynecology and Family Planning was the first lab in Hungary to introduce integrated screening test to detect Downs Syndrome. At that time this was the most effective Downs Syndrome screening test in Hungary.
In 2012, 9 % of the pregnant mothers in Hungary had a screening test in Istenhegyi Centre for Genetic Diagnostics, Gynecology and Family Planning. In this year one third of the detected Downs Syndrome cases has been screened here.
Until 2013, more than 30,000 combined tests have been performed, together with other second trimester screening tests. The success rate is in accordance with the international standards. Downs syndrome can be screened with a 95% accuracy, using combined test.
NIFTY test is available since the 30th May.
For more information about NIFTY-test please visit our website: http://nifty-teszt.hu
Telephone: +36 (1) 224 5442