- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the MOU, researchers will conduct an initial project on archaeal organisms from hypersaline environments. University of Helsinki will provide BGI with the genomic samples for analysis by next-generation sequencing technologies. Based on the results of the initial project, they will discuss the sequencing and analysis strategies for subsequent 250 strains to realize the ultimate goal: Structural Genomics, Virus Structure based lineages, Evolution and Origin of Life.
“To cooperate more closely, all of us recognize that it is worthwhile to cross-train appropriate staff and exchange technologies and experience to enhance the exchanges and cooperation between BGI and the two universities, University of Helsinki and Wuhan University.” said, Dr. Ning Li, Director of BGI Europe. “We are looking forward to establishing further cooperative relationship with these researchers to better accelerate the genomic studies on human health, agriculture, bio-energy as well as other innovative research.”
About University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki is one of the best multidisciplinary research universities in the world. The high-quality research carried out by the university creates new knowledge for educating diverse specialists in various fields, and for utilisation in social decision-making and the business sector.
The university, with almost 4,000 researchers and teachers, operates on four campuses in Helsinki and at 17 other locations. There are 35,000 students, and a further 30,000 participate in adult education.
Founded in 1640, the University of Helsinki wants to strengthen its position among the world's leading multidisciplinary research universities and to actively promote the well-being of humanity and a fair society.
About Wuhan University
Wuhan University, set up in 1893, lies at the foot of picturesque Luojia Hill by the side of the East Lake, the most charming place of Wuhan, a large city of strategic importance in Central China, and is directly under the administration of the Education Ministry of the People’s Republic of China.
The university now has 29 colleges and various branches of learning, including science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, literature, history, philosophy, law, economics, education and management, 85 undergraduate specialties, 189 disciplines and specialties awarding master’s degrees, 99 disciplines and specialties awarding doctorates, 11 post-doctoral research programs, and a number of the State’s key laboratories, the State’s discipline laboratories, the State’s engineering technology research centers, and national bases for fostering basic science personnel. It has 5,000-odd teachers, including 3,000-odd professors and associate professors, among who are a number of academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Academy of Engineering and the Eurasian Academy of Sciences. Among its 40,000-odd students at the university, there are 600-odd foreign students, and 8,000-odd graduate students studying for their master’s degrees or doctorates.
The College of Foreign Students Education (Or: The Foreign Students Education School――fses) of Wuhan University is a special organ in charge of the university’s various kinds of foreign students enrolment, management, and the Chinese language specialty teaching and training, as well as one of the whole China’s examination centers for HSK examination and the examination for the qualifications of the teachers teaching Chinese language to foreign students. The college, with rich teaching resources and a comparatively higher teaching and scientific research level, has 25 teachers teaching Chinese language to foreigners, including 15 professors and associate professors, 4 members of the World Chinese Language Society for Foreigners, and 23 members of China’s Chinese Language Society for Foreigners.