BGI News More
- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
President Jian Wang In Meeting with Bill Gates
Publish Date: 2011-12-12
On December 8, 2011, BGI delegate including Prof Jian Wang, President of BGI, Prof Jun Wang, Executive Director of BGI, Yingrui Li, Chief Scientist of BGI, Dr Gengyun Zhang, Director of Life Science Division at BGI and Xunxu, Vice President of R&D Division at BGI, had a meeting with Mr. Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft and co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and other representatives in Beijing, China. In the three hours meeting, the groups talked about possible strategic cooperation and issues of common concerns.
At the meeting, Director Jian Wang gave a report on BGI’s innovative model of development, activities in biology research, current and future related work in the fields of agriculture and healthcare applications. Mr. Bill Gates showed affirmation to BGI’s dedication to facilitate the applications in healthcare and agriculture, and to serve the people for a better life. BGI already collaborates with several grantees of the Gates Foundation. Going forward, the Gates foundation and BGI will explore direct research collaboration in areas of common interest.