BGI News More
- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chinese genomic organization opens European headquarter in Copenhagen Bio Science Park
Publish Date: 2011-07-13
BGI Europe, the subsidiary of a leading Chinese genomic organization and Copenhagen Bio Science Park (COBIS) have today signed an agreement that will lead the way to the construction and establishment of a brand new 1,200 m2 BGI facility in Copenhagen Bio Science Park, located in the heart of the Danish capital.
Morten Mølgaard Jensen, CEO in COBIS, says: “BGI Europe A/S is the perfect representative of the type of new global companies we would like to see settling in COBIS. They have the expertise to change the rules of the game and will undoubtedly become a player to reckon with in the future. This move by BGI Europe will further strengthen the attractiveness of our science park and lead us one step further towards creating a world class growth environment in Copenhagen.”
Although the laboratory facility are still under construction collaboration with Danish research institutions and biotech companies are already ongoing with the establishment of the Danish Platform for Large-scale Sequencing and Bioinformatics which was made possible by the largest ever grant awarded by the Danish National Advanced Technology Foundation.
The centre will carry out two integrated projects which include a project to identify previously unknown pathogens that will lead to the development and patenting of commercial vaccines and a project to establish a unique catalogue of the millions of variations in Danes’ DNA. The genome atlas will serve as the foundation for new studies that will cast light on the hereditary causes for a number of common illnesses, as well as how they can be prevented.
“The advanced laboratory facilities are scheduled to open in beginning of 2012 will have immense commercial value for both BGI Europe and Denmark. Furthermore, it will hopefully lead to new opportunities for further collaboration between BGI Europe and other research institutions all over Europe”, BGI Europe CEO lining says.
And he adds: “COBIS have been chosen for our new European Headquarter as it represents a perfect platform for expanding our services to the European markets. They have been very helpful in assisting BGI Europe with the challenging task of preparing the new facility and we are looking very much forward to the collaboration going forward”.
For more information, see www.bgisequence.com and www.cobis.dk
Beijing Genomics Europe A/S:
Dr. Li Ning, CEO – phone: +45 3312 4522, email@example.com
Copenhagen Bio Science Park:
Morten Mølgaard Jensen, CEO – phone: +45 3119 7311, firstname.lastname@example.org
Copenhagen Bio Science Park (‘COBIS’) is a dedicated biotechnology Science Park located in the heart of Medicon Valley - one of Europe’s strongest life science clusters. COBIS offer space for rent, venture capital and incubation and is home to a powerful mix of organizations. Start-ups, mid-size companies and tech trans professionals, to stimulate conversations and connections, investment and innovation. As a showcase for technological biotech development in Medicon Valley, we offer space for companies and development projects within the Life Science Industry.
The incubator program of COBIS, Accelerace Bio, is a well proven growth model for entrepreneurs, research projects, and new innovative biotech firms within life science and health care. It’s a flexible program individually adapted to meet the specific needs of the projects / companies focusing on further development by interacting with external specialists and personal networks, and enhancing the team’s entrepreneurial skills, knowledge and chance of success.