BGI News More
- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Huanming Yang receives Chen Award in Human Genome Meeting 2011
Publish Date: 2011-03-22
On March 16, 2011, Professor Huanming Yang, the President of BGI, received the Chen Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement in Human Genetic and Genomic Research in Human Genome Meeting 2011(HGM). This Award, granted by the Chens’ Foundation, is to reward the achievement of biomedical scientists who are actively engaged in human genetic and genomic research in Asia Pacific.
As the co-founders of BGI, Prof. Yang and his collaborators made significant contributions to the International Human Genome Project (HGP) and International Human HapMap project, as well as to sequencing and analysing genomes of the first Asian’s genome, human pan-genome, human ancient genome, etc. Moreover, he received many awards and honors, including Research Leader of the Year by Scientific American in 2002 and Award in Biology by the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in 2006. He was elected as a foreign member of EMBO in 2006, an Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2007, a fellow of TWAS in 2008, and a foreign academician of Indian Academy of Sciences in 2009. And he was named to the member of the International Research Panel by the U.S. President’s Bioethics Commission in 2011.
The Chen Award includes two parts of honor: Chen Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement in Human Genetic and Genomic Research, and Chen New Investigator Award. The establishment of Chen Award is to celebrate research accomplishments in Human Genetics and Genomics in Asia Pacific.
For more information about the Award and Chen’s Foundation, please find: http://www.hugo-international.org/chen.php.