BGI News More
- BGI Successful Participation in 15th China-ASEAN Expo to Further Promote the China-ASEAN Cooperation Under Belt and Road
- A Delegation from Silicon Valley Bank Visits CNGB and BGI Headquarters
- Delegation form STI Policy Research and Method in Belt and Road Countries Workshop and CISTRAT Visits CNGB
- BGI Attends the 2018 Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation to Show its Support for Cooperation
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
Professor Huanming Yang receives Chen Award in Human Genome Meeting 2011
Publish Date: 2011-03-22
On March 16, 2011, Professor Huanming Yang, the President of BGI, received the Chen Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement in Human Genetic and Genomic Research in Human Genome Meeting 2011(HGM). This Award, granted by the Chens’ Foundation, is to reward the achievement of biomedical scientists who are actively engaged in human genetic and genomic research in Asia Pacific.
As the co-founders of BGI, Prof. Yang and his collaborators made significant contributions to the International Human Genome Project (HGP) and International Human HapMap project, as well as to sequencing and analysing genomes of the first Asian’s genome, human pan-genome, human ancient genome, etc. Moreover, he received many awards and honors, including Research Leader of the Year by Scientific American in 2002 and Award in Biology by the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in 2006. He was elected as a foreign member of EMBO in 2006, an Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2007, a fellow of TWAS in 2008, and a foreign academician of Indian Academy of Sciences in 2009. And he was named to the member of the International Research Panel by the U.S. President’s Bioethics Commission in 2011.
The Chen Award includes two parts of honor: Chen Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement in Human Genetic and Genomic Research, and Chen New Investigator Award. The establishment of Chen Award is to celebrate research accomplishments in Human Genetics and Genomics in Asia Pacific.
For more information about the Award and Chen’s Foundation, please find: http://www.hugo-international.org/chen.php.