BGI News More
- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jian Wang Visited Laos, Affirming Progress BGI Laos Has Made
Publish Date: 2010-11-03
From November 1 to 2, 2010, Dr. Jian Wang, Director of BGI, accompanied by Dr. Shuang Yang, Head of BGI-Laos, went to BGI branch in Laos. Dr Wang and Dr Yang visited BGI’s Demonstration Base (Vientiane, Sang thong Experiment & Demonstration Base) and the Agriculture Land.
They held meeting with General Logistics Department of the Lao Ministry of Defense and Lao's National Agriculture and Forestry Research Institute. At the meeting, Dr Wang stressed the importance of integrating the science and technology strength of BGI, of making use of the local tropic natural resources such as sunlight, temperature, water and land, of speeding up correlational research on Maybou Wood, Hybrid Millet and Seed Pig, in order to form a Varieties Evaluation & Breeding Center with world's level.
Dr Wang also had further discussion with the General Logistics Department of the Lao Ministry of Defense. He encouraged the Lao government to bring Shenzhen Special Zone’s experiences in building Special Economic Zone of Laos, especially the innovative “Industry-science-research-education" model, aiming to help and set an example for Laos Special Economic Zone.
During the visit, Dr Wang fully affirmed the progress BGI-Laos had made in Maybou Wood Planting, Recycling Agriculture, and team building. BGI-Laos is planning to spread out thorough collaboration with partners from Southeast Asia in the field of sequencing service, bioinformation, medicine and healthcare, with the objective of creating open New Healthy Life, building innovative mode of production, and realizing BGI's faith of "Genes build the future".