- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Dr. Ren Wang, Senior Vice President of BGI Attended International Symposium on Agricultural Innovation for Family Farmers
- Successful Completion of China-Africa Public Health Training Program at CNGB
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On August 22, BGI, the world’s leading genomics organization, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Xing Technologies Pty Ltd ((hereafter referred to as XING), a spin-off company from University of Queensland, focusing on translating diagnostic technologies. The two sides are intended to apply their advantages on collaborative research and innovation of cutting-edge life sciences technology towards personalized healthcare. Within the frame of the MoU, both parties pledge to establish bilateral cooperation covering in the following areas:
- DNB technology: optimize current DNA nanoball technology to improve sequencing data quality and throughput resulting in reduced sequencing costs;
- Circulating Tumour/Stem Cells (CTC) technology (cells shed from a primary tumor that disseminate in the body’s circulatory system): integrate CTC isolation, characterization and sequencing for fast and accurate disease screening and monitoring;
- Point-of-care product: based on XING’s patented “Laboratory in a Drop” technology, undertake joint research into, and manufacturing of a transformative diagnostic product developed by XING to offer the world, including millions of Australians, an accurate, rapid and inexpensive point-of-care disease screening, diagnosis and monitoring kit. The applications even extend to human health as well as animals and plant material, such as agriculture, aquaculture, veterinary science.
Mr. Duncan YU, BGI’s Executive Vice President and MGI’s President said, “We are very excited about the collaboration. The joint effort of expertise in nanotechnology and genomics will lead to innovations in delivering better health solution. We are looking forward to making point-of-care products available for the global users.”
As part of the collaboration, MGI, a subsidiary corporation of BGI manufacturing proprietary sequencers and related instrumentation, has deployed its BGISEQ-500 NGS sequencer at XING’s laboratory in Brisbane.
Since the BGI Australia office opened in 2016, BGI has initiated projects covering a wide range of areas via partnerships with strong local scientific research partners, such as imaging and genomics cancer, infectious disease, marine biology, and biodiversity. For more information on BGI Australia please visit here.
About Xing Technologies
Xing Technologies is a spin-out company specializing in world-leading disease diagnosis and monitoring technologies, including cancer. Its proprietary nanotechnologies are transforming the future practice of medicine and healthcare. These include nanotechnologies for nucleic acid, protein and rare cell detection. The company has concluded a Series A investment round, successful deals with national and international companies and is currently growing its operations.
MGI Tech Co. Ltd. (MGI), a subsidiary of BGI the largest genomics organization in the world, is specialized in R&D and manufacturing of proprietary instrumentation, medical devices, ancillary consumables and biological reagents e.g. genetic sequencers, mass spectrometers, medical imaging systems, and comprehensive solutions for life science research and applications. MGI owns more than 100 patents. Headquartered in China, MGI has established local technical support teams in Australia, Europe, Americas, and South-east Asia. With the vision to “enable effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all”, MGI has more than 500 employees worldwide and strives to be a leading innovator in life science technologies.