- Africa and China Center for Disease Control and Prevention Officers Attended Training Program in China National Genebank
- BGI Signs Global Scientific Collaboration Agreement with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Earth BioGenome Project to Sequence All Complex Life on Earth Officially Launches
- BGI Signs a Letter of Intent with Chulabhorn Royal Academy, Thailand and Eastern Economic Corridor Office of Thailand
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
On July 5, 2018, a delegation of Lancang-Mekong Cooperation (LMC) Secretariat composed of Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam and relevant ministries paid a visit to China National GeneBank (CNGB). Mr. Hongsheng Liang, Executive Director of BGI International Planning & Development Center’s Operation and Development Platform warmly welcomed the guests. The delegation's trip was mainly to seek opportunities of cooperation between Shenzhen and Lancang-Mekong countries. Mr. Jeremy Cao, General Manager of Asia Pacific Region of BGI Genomics briefly introduced the CNGB and BGI, and reported on the progress of genetic screening program for thalassemia and neonatal deafness.
On January 10, 2018, the second Lancang-Mekong Cooperation (LMC) Leaders’ meeting was held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Mr. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of China and leaders of five countries along the Mekong River attended this meeting. As one of the second batch of LMC projects, BGI’s free genetic screening program for thalassemia and congenital hearing loss project was approved at the 2nd LMC Leaders' meeting. BGI will provide genetic screening for thalassemia and congenital hearing loss for Lancang-Mekong countries in the next three years. BGI, as the global leading genomics research organization, actively participates in the Belt and Road Initiative and Lancang-Mekong Cooperation. BGI has made rapid progress in its own initiated LMC projects in Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Shenzhen Foreign Affairs Office.
The Lancang-Mekong Cooperation (LMC) is a sub-regional cooperation platform jointly initiated and established by China, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam. LMC aims at deepening the economic and social development of the sub-regional countries, enhancing the well-being of their people, narrowing the development gap among regional countries and supporting ASEAN Community building as well as promoting the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and advancing South-South cooperation. This visit by the LMC members has not only enhanced the understanding and strengthen the ties but also laid a solid foundation for more LMC development projects in the future.