- Ambassador of Hungary Visits BGI
- Kenya’s International Livestock Research Institute Visits BGI to Discuss Cooperation
- Delegation from 25 Countries Along The Belt and Road Visits China National GeneBank
- Lancang-Mekong Cooperation Secretariat Visits China National GeneBank
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MGI, a subsidiary corporation of BGI, has obtained the Medical Device Registration Certificate (MDRC) from China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) for its two next-generation sequencers, MGISEQ-2000 and MGISEQ-200. On June 30, 2014, CFDA approved the registrations of MGI’s first two sequencers which made MGI the first organization to receive the certification from CFDA for next-generation sequencing diagnostic products and medical devices. During this short period of a continuous developmental process, four genetic sequencers of MGI have obtained MDRC. Obtaining the MDRC means that these two new sequencers will not only play an important role in scientific research but also in clinical medicine field. Healthcare organizations can feel confident using world’s leading enterprise sequencing solution to perform whole genome sequencing (WGS).
In October 2017, MGI launched two new next-generation sequencers, MGISEQ-2000 and MGISEQ-200, at the 12th International Conference on Genomics (ICG-12) in Shenzhen. MGISEQ-2000 supports two selection of two different types of Flow Cell and provides an independent dual flow cell operating platform. Users can combine dozens of different operating modes to provide a more diversified choice of space for sequencing work. It can produce 1080G of high-quality sequencing data, and in PE100 mode at full load, MGI-2000 can provide single end-to-end sequencing within 48 hours. MGISEQ-200 has convenient and flexible features. It takes less than 48 hours to produce 60G high-quality sequencing data while functioning in PE100 mode at full load. MGISEQ-200 can complete the rapid test of 24 tumor samples in a day.
As a subsidiary corporation of BGI, MGI adheres to the BGI’s mission of genomics technology for the benefit of human beings, focusing on the R&D, manufacturing, production, and sales of life science and healthcare instruments and equipment, reagent materials and other relevant products. Since its acquisition of CGI (Complete Genomics Inc.), MGI has built upon its technologies to rapidly develop a new series of genetic sequencers. MGI successively launched four globally advanced systems with full intellectual property rights- the high-flux sequencing system and the desktop sequencing system. So far, MGI has applied for more than 500 patents, more than 70 of which are patent cooperation treaty (PCT).
MGI also provides real-time life digitization devices with full view and full life cycle and offers independent and controllable advanced devices, technical support and solutions to satisfy the country’s and the people’s demand for precision medicine, precision agriculture, precision health, etc. Obtaining this CFDA certification is another significant milestone for MGI and is a huge step towards clinical medicine market in China. MGI will continue to develop more instruments and equipment in the life science field to provide better support for industry development.