- MGI Announces Price and Early Access Customer of MGISEQ-T7
- MGI Announces Milestone of 1,000 Sequencers Installed and Opens Early Access Program for Groundbreaking Ultra-High-Throughput Sequencer, MGISEQ-T7
- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 4th China-Central and Eastern Europe Countries (China-CEEC) Investment and Trade Expo was organized by the Ministry of Commerce and the Zhejiang Province Government on June 7, 2018, held in Ningbo, China. BGI, as the only invited Chinese organization, attended the conference. The theme of the conference was “Cross-Border Industrial Investment Cooperation in a New Era”, focusing on the overseas investment and cooperation needs of Chinese enterprises, investment environment, core industries and key projects of the Central and Eastern European countries.
At the conference, Mr. Wang Ren, Special Consultant for BGI President and former Assistant General Director of FAO, made a keynote speech on “Biotech Industry as a New Driver of China-Central and Eastern Cooperation”. He mentioned that genomics can bring new hope to the serious food safety and malnutrition challenges we are facing in the global urbanization. “BGI has been committed to benefiting the humankind by using genomics and exploring new technologies to improve health and prevent diseases,” said Mr. Wang Ren. He further added, "Based on these principles, BGI has developed multiple biotech industry cooperation in many European countries, and has established MGI foundation in Latvia.”
Mr. Wang Ren also spoke with Mr. Liu Dianxun, Director General of the Investment Promotion Agency of the Ministry of Commerce in China, on how enterprises can better link up the national policies and meet the needs of national strategic development plans. BGI will effectively use the mechanism and platform of the Ministry of Commerce to better carry out pragmatic cooperation with Central and Eastern European countries.
Mr. Wang Ren also had an in-depth conversation with Mr. Arvils Ašeradens, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Economics of Latvia, on the Latvia-Biolake-BGI Life Science and Technology Center in Latvia. During the Sixth Summit of Heads of Government of China and Central and Eastern European Countries on November 27, 2017, BGI, Wuhan National Bio-industry Base Construction Management Office and Ministry of Economics of Latvia signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in establishment of life science and technology center. The center will improve economic transformation and people’s livelihood and serve as an innovation and cooperation platform for life science enterprises and research institutions of both countries, providing state of the art equipment, mentorship and support to commercialization.