- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
- Mapping more genomes will create a healthcare 'big data revolution'
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
BGI and metaSysX GmbH (“MSX”) announced a strategic partnership in the field of life sciences and healthcare. Under the agreement, BGI and MSX will share platforms, knowledge and expertise and establish collaborative partnership on genomics, transcriptomics, and metabolomics with great potential in improving the efficiency in research and clinical service.
“I hope our strategic collaboration will integrate our complementary resources and provide our customers streamlined ‘Omics experience’,” said Yongping Li, Chief Representative/Regional Director for BGI Genomics (Germany and Austria). “The agreement will give BGI access to MSX’s world-leading metabolomics & lipidomics platform, while MSX will access BGI’s technical expertise in genomic sequencing.”
“We chose to partner with BGI because of their superior sequencing technology platform and high reputation in scientific research worldwide,” said Dr. Thomas Frischmut, the CEO of MSX. “This partnership will provide both parties innovative solutions to meet current and future customer needs.”
metaSysX is a spinoff from the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology. MSX established one of the most comprehensive metabolomics and lipidomics technologies. Reference compound database was built for the unambiguous annotation of the content of complex samples. Suites of data processing methods and algorithms were established for high-throughput mass spectrometry data analysis. More importantly, MSX offers comprehensive omics data analysis in the context of systems biology and mathematical modeling allowing the discovery of biomarkers in disease studies or prediction of complex traits. www.metasysx.eu.
BGI was founded in 1999 with the vision of using genomics to benefit mankind and has since become the largest genomic organization in the world. With a focus on research and applications in the healthcare, agriculture, conservation, and environmental fields, BGI has a proven track record of innovative, high profile research, which has generated over 1,000 publications. BGI’s goal is to make state-of-the-art genomics highly accessible to the global research community and clinical markets by integrating the industry’s broadest array of leading technologies, including BGI's own sequencing platform, economies of scale, and expert bioinformatics resources. BGI also offers a wide portfolio of transformative genetic testing products across major diseases, enabling medical providers and patients worldwide to realize the promise of genomics-based diagnostics and personalized healthcare. http://www.genomics.cn/en/index