- BGI Publishes Largest Ever Genomic Study of Chinese Population Discoveries in more than 140,000 Genomes throughout China
- BGI, NOAA Fisheries, and The Nature Conservancy Announce Partnership to Help Endangered Orcas
- BGI Signs Memorandum of Understanding with The University of Michigan
- China National GeneBank Signs a Colleboration Agreement with Queensland University on Scientific Research
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
October 28, 2016—Oxford University Press (OUP) is pleased to announce its partnership with BGI. Beginning January 2017, Oxford University Press (OUP) is the proud publisher of the prestigious, open-access, open-data journal, GigaScience. The journal has an international and multidisciplinary editorial board led by Laurie Goodman PhD as Editor-in-Chief and Scott Edmunds PhD as Executive Editor.
GigaScience is an innovative open access, open data, open peer-review journal with a focus on 'big data' research from the full spectrum of the life and biomedical sciences. It publishes ALL research objects (data, software tools, and workflows) via a novel publishing platform.
Dr. Goodman notes, "The entire GigaScience team is delighted to be joining OUP in January. By partnering with a smaller but well-established publisher, we will be able to completely integrate our team with those at OUP. This will allow us to more rapidly develop the novel publishing applications we have been pushing, while still maintaining the highest publishing standards that people have come to expect from our journal."
David Crotty, Editorial Director of Journals Policy at OUP commented "We are delighted to welcome GigaScience to OUP. GigaScience and its editors are true leaders, willing to take on bold experiments to drive new and improved ways of communicating and sharing research results and methodologies. We are excited to explore these new pathways through our partnership and to help spread their uptake broadly across the scholarly journal landscape."
In the tradition of other Oxford University Press Journals, the manuscripts published will rely on a thorough peer review process, and techniques will be published with the sufficient detail that other laboratories can use them independently. We are confident that GigaScience will continue to be a valuable resource for the scientific community to find valuable information, data and tools for their research.