- BGI Genomics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- BGI Launches the Latest Desktop Sequencer BGISEQ-50
- International Science Community Welcomes China National GeneBank Opening
- BGI and Clearbridge BioMedics Partner to Develop China CTC Liquid Biopsy Market towards Precision Medicine
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- First Round Conference Announcement: The 13th Annual Meeting of the International Conference on Genomics
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: email@example.com
October 28, 2016—Oxford University Press (OUP) is pleased to announce its partnership with BGI. Beginning January 2017, Oxford University Press (OUP) is the proud publisher of the prestigious, open-access, open-data journal, GigaScience. The journal has an international and multidisciplinary editorial board led by Laurie Goodman PhD as Editor-in-Chief and Scott Edmunds PhD as Executive Editor.
GigaScience is an innovative open access, open data, open peer-review journal with a focus on 'big data' research from the full spectrum of the life and biomedical sciences. It publishes ALL research objects (data, software tools, and workflows) via a novel publishing platform.
Dr. Goodman notes, "The entire GigaScience team is delighted to be joining OUP in January. By partnering with a smaller but well-established publisher, we will be able to completely integrate our team with those at OUP. This will allow us to more rapidly develop the novel publishing applications we have been pushing, while still maintaining the highest publishing standards that people have come to expect from our journal."
David Crotty, Editorial Director of Journals Policy at OUP commented "We are delighted to welcome GigaScience to OUP. GigaScience and its editors are true leaders, willing to take on bold experiments to drive new and improved ways of communicating and sharing research results and methodologies. We are excited to explore these new pathways through our partnership and to help spread their uptake broadly across the scholarly journal landscape."
In the tradition of other Oxford University Press Journals, the manuscripts published will rely on a thorough peer review process, and techniques will be published with the sufficient detail that other laboratories can use them independently. We are confident that GigaScience will continue to be a valuable resource for the scientific community to find valuable information, data and tools for their research.