- The Second Round Announcement The 13th Annual Meeting of the International Conference on Genomics (ICG-13)
- BGI, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University Signed a Framework Cooperation Agreement
- Delegation from Mars Visits China National GeneBank to Discuss Cooperation
- Delegation from Sri Lankan Ministry of Science and Technology Visits BGI to Strengthen Bilateral Cooperation
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- The Evolution of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Revealed
- BGI involved in publication of the first seahorse genome in Nature
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 25, 2016, Shenzhen, China – BGI today announced that Tadataka (Tachi) Yamada, M.D., joins BGI to serve as its Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), International Community of Precision Medicine.
Dr. Yamada has extensive experiences and insights in medical healthcare. He currently is the Chairman and Co-founder at Outpost Medicine, and a Venture Partner at Frazier Healthcare Partners. During his career, Dr. Yamada served many leading roles, including Chief Medical and Scientific Officer and a member of the Board of Directors at Takeda Pharmaceuticals, President of Global Health Program at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Chairman of Research and Development at GlaxoSmithKline and a member of the Board of Directors, past president of American Physician Association, and the physician-in-chief of University of Michigan Medical System.
With high incidence of genetic diseases and the increasing numbers of cancer patients in China, there are strong needs for the precision medicine technologies that are based on clinical information from large cohort and big data built on trans-omics technologies. In the coming years, BGI aims to make sequencing and omics technologies widely available and accessible, working with clinicians and healthcare professionals, applying precision medicine knowledge and solution to reduce birth defects and provide patients with cancers and genetic diseases improved treatments (including early detection, diagnosis, treatment, monitor and rehab). BGI will launch the International Community of Precision Medicine in coming months to accelerate the progress and 30 hospitals in China with total annual outpatient visits of 50 million have already signed on. As Chairman of SAB, Dr. Yamada will devote efforts to provide professional advice based on his rich experience and insights in the field.
Wang Jian, President of BGI, stated, BGI has strategic plan on precision medicine from very early days and the top priorities for its endeavors in medical research and application. BGI is actively working with universities, hospitals and local governments to push forward the precision medicine initiative. BGI expects significant achievements with such efforts to better serve patients with medical needs and promote public’s well-being. By working with Dr. Yamada, Wang Jian said he believes the advanced technology and solutions will be transferred from bench to bedside more efficiently and effectively in the interests of better diagnostics, more accurate therapies, and more precise prevention.
Yiwu He, BGI’s Global Head of Research & Development said, Tachi is a world class leader in the healthcare community. His vision and wisdom will add huge value to BGI’s pursuing to solve healthcare problems with its cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions.