BGI News More
- BGI Successful Participation in 15th China-ASEAN Expo to Further Promote the China-ASEAN Cooperation Under Belt and Road
- A Delegation from Silicon Valley Bank Visits CNGB and BGI Headquarters
- Delegation form STI Policy Research and Method in Belt and Road Countries Workshop and CISTRAT Visits CNGB
- BGI Attends the 2018 Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation to Show its Support for Cooperation
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unilabs and BGI Sign Innovative Collaboration Agreement
Publish Date: 2014-05-07
Geneva and Copenhagen, May 7, 2014 - Unilabs, a leading medical diagnostic services company in Europe and BGI, one of the world’s largest genomics research centres, have signed a collaboration agreement. This partnership will strengthen Unilabs’ position as a leader in genetic testing, complementing the very broad range of genetics services offered throughout an integrated lab network. Unilabs is committed to bringing innovative tests and solutions to customers in Europe.
BGI, with European headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, has a lab facility with 10 high-throughput machines serving its European partners. The collaboration agreement with Unilabs will extend the reach of BGI genomics technology within Europe, giving customers access to more innovative panels and tests. Bringing two leaders in genetics together will extend and strengthen the genetic offering currently available, including the latest technologies in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and bioinformatics.
Thanks to this innovative collaboration agreement, European clinicians will have access to more accurate diagnoses, and improved therapy selection in areas such as cancer treatment, cardiovascular treatment and pre-natal testing.
Dr. Cong Yu, COO of BGI Europe said, “We are very pleased to form collaboration with Unilabs. With our efforts, the collaboration will bring genomics technology into Europe and significantly improve healthcare of local people.”
Fernando de Górgolas, Unilabs General Manager International Business said, “This agreement is consistent with our strategy of becoming a leader in genetics. We are very proud of joining forces with BGI to bring innovative tests to our customers.”
We are one of Europe’s leading suppliers of clinical laboratory testing and medical diagnostic imaging services to private and public healthcare providers, local governments, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and the general public. We operate laboratory and medical diagnostic imaging facilities in 11 countries: Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Our network of facilities provides us with one of the broadest geographic footprints of any clinical laboratory and medical diagnostic services provider in Europe.
For more information about Unilabs, please visit www.unilabs.com.