- Three BGI Researchers Listed as Highly Cited Researchers
- China National GeneBank and Macquarie University Deepen Cooperation in Synthetic Biology
- Dr. Ren Wang, Senior Vice President of BGI Attended International Symposium on Agricultural Innovation for Family Farmers
- Successful Completion of China-Africa Public Health Training Program at CNGB
- Establishment of the first Macaca fascicularis gut microbiome gene catalog
- Establishing the first gene catalogue of Sprague-Dawley rat gut metagenome based on the BGISEQ-500 platform
- The international Sc2.0 Project is on track to build the world’s first synthetic yeast genome
- Avian-specific conserved genomic elements play important regulatory roles in the macroevolution of avian-specific features
- Leading Health Organizations in Canada and China Teaming up to Accelerate Precision Medicine
- World’s largest genomic organisation to collaborate with leading Queensland researchers
- Ranomics Partners with BGI to Classify Variants of Unknown Significance
- BGI and UW collaborate on precision medicine development
- Meet The Chinese Company That Wants To Be The Intel Of Personalized Medicine
- Chinese innovation : BGI’s code for success
- Prof. Huanming Yang to Receive Membership from Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- UW, Chinese genomics group forge new partnership to advance biomedical research
Tel: +86-755-36307212Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-- New offering builds on platform’s industry-leading accuracy and sensitivity --
Cambridge, MA and Shenzhen, China – July 22, 2014 – BGI Tech Solutions Co., LTD, (BGI Tech), a subsidiary of BGI, the world’s largest genomics organization, announced today the global launch of a new human whole exome sequencing service based on Complete Genomics’ industry-leading platform. This newly offered service includes in-depth bioinformatics analysis and SNP validation, and is available at reduced prices until December 31, 2014.
Complete Genomics, highly regarded in the industry for providing proprietary sequencing technologies with 99.999% accuracy and highly sensitive detection of all types of variants, was acquired by BGI in 2013. More than 15,000 human genomes have been sequenced and analyzed on the Complete Genomics platform to date. BGI, applying its deep genome and exome sequencing expertise, has enriched Complete Genomics’ platform further to now enable robust and rapid human whole exome sequencing services that leverage the inherent strengths of that platform.
Whole exome sequencing on Complete Genomics platform, available beginning today at only $599 per sample, guarantees 100X average sequencing depth for target regions. The offer includes analysis for SNP/InDel calling and annotation as well as SNP validation, further assuring the accuracy of results and saving customers time and effort for additional validations. In addition, BGI Tech also provides a dedicated workflow and pipeline addressing cancer study design and challenges, enabling sensitive detection of somatic variants in the presence of tumor heterogeneity.
“With the launch of whole exome sequencing on Complete Genomics platform, BGI Tech is addressing the market need for superior sequencing solutions at affordable pricing,” stated Yingrui Li, CEO of BGI Tech, “We are pleased to make this robust and extremely accurate platform available to our more than 30,000 customers worldwide and to the broader research community globally. We are currently developing additional applications of this platform, such as transcriptome analysis and genotyping by sequencing, and look forward to announcing their availability soon.”
Complete Genomics’ platform provides the highest level of accuracy through its proprietary sequencing technology, DNA Nanoball Arrays (DNBTM) and Combinatorial Probe-Anchor Ligation (cPAL™), that address subtle nuances of the human genome. A proprietary local de novo read mapping and assembly algorithm further increases its accuracy in variant calling and enables sensitive detection of allele heterozygosity.