The Genetic Testing of BGI Europe is provided by BGI Diagnostics Europe. BGI Diagnostics is a subsidiary unit of BGI, one of the largest genomics research organizations in the world. The aim of BGI Diagnostics is to apply its high genetic research capacity and network into solving current health issues worldwide. BGI Diagnostics commits to reducing the rate of birth defects and major diseases by offering a broad array of accurate, reliable and affordable genetic tests and molecular diagnostics services.
The focuses of BGI Diagnostics include the detection of birth defects and various genetic disorders. These disorders include various chromosome diseases, monogenic disorder, hereditary hearing loss, and neonatal hereditary metabolic diseases. Hereditary cancer (breast, ovarian prostate cancer), medication instruction for target/chemo therapy, MODY (maturity onset diabetes of the young) and cystic fibrosis will be the current major focus.
The flagship product, NIFTYTM (Non-Invasive Fetal TrisomY test) is a non-invasive prenatal test, which examines peripheral blood from the mother to estimate the risk of fetal chromosomal aneuploidies carried in the unborn. Detecting aneuploidies in the fetus allows early preparation and intervention. NIFTY test is the most validated on the market, as proven by a published clinical study involving more than 11,000 pregnant women. Over 20,000 NIFTY tests have been performed across Europe by the end of 2013.
For more information about BGI Diagnostics, please visit www.bgidx.com.
- [news]BGI Europe and Genomed Sign Strategic Partnership to Introduce NIFT Test to Poland
- [news]Unilabs and BGI Sign Innovative Collaboration Agreement
- [news]BGI Tech and Carlsberg Laboratory joined collaboration for the DNA sequencing of barley chromosome 6
- [news]Coimbra Genomics and BGI Join Forces to Conquer Stomach Cancer
- [news]BGI Forms Partnership with ELIPS on Non-invasive Fetal Trisomy Test for Significantly Improve Reproductive Health in Turkey
- [news]Genomes for Science, Genomes for Life, and Genomes for You and Me