WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J. and SHENZHEN, China, Sept. 13, 2011 – Merck (NYSE:MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, and BGI established a collaboration to focus on the discovery and development of biomarkers and genomic technologies. Under the agreement scientists from Merck and BGI will work closely together to identify and characterize biomarkers with an emphasis on drug discovery, drug development and diagnostics applications across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
NEW YORK, N.Y., CAMBRIDGE, M.A. and SHENZHEN, CHINA (October 13, 2011) – Autism Speaks, the world’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, and BGI entered into a partnership to create the world’s largest library of sequenced genomes of individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Using the Autism Speaks Autism Genetic Resource Exchange (AGRE), this collaboration will perform whole genome sequencing on more than 2,000 participating families who have two or more children on the autism spectrum. The data from the 10,000 AGRE participants will enable new research in the genomics of ASD, and significantly enhance the science and technology networks of both Autism Speaks and BGI. In addition, Autism Speaks and BGI will collect and sequence genome samples from individuals in China.
Seattle, WA and Shenzhen, China September 25, 2012 – BGI and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form a collaboration on global health and agricultural development with the goal of achieving common objectives in health and agricultural development, and meaningfully contributing to the achievement of one or more of the Millennium Development Goals. The signing ceremony, attended by Dr. Jian Wang, Director and Co-founder of BGI, Dr. Jun Wang, Executive Director, BGI, and Bill Gates of the Gates Foundation, was conducted yesterday outside of Seattle, Washington.
- [news]BGI Tech Launches Human Whole Exome Sequencing Service on Complete Genomics’Advanced Platform
- [news]BGI Health Forms Partnership with University of Mayor in South America
- [news]The 2nd International Conference on Genomics in the Americas was Successfully Conducted in Sacramento
- [news]BGI Tech and South Texas Accelerated Research Therapeutics Initiate Collaboration to Advance Unique San Antonio 1000 Cancer Genome Project
- [news]H3 Biomedicine and BGI Announce Collaboration to Develop and Share Crucial Cancer Genomic Sequencing Data
- [news]CHOP and BGI Strengthen Partnership with Agreement on Pediatric Brain Tumor Collaboration in Support of the Childhood Brain Tumor Tissue Consortium