BGI Americas is in charge of all BGI operations in the Americas. We provide comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical, agricultural and environmental applications. Our team is dedicated to help our customers and partners to achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high-quality results using a broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies. We offer a broad range of services including genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics on a wide range of samples, including FFPE samples.
The research branch of BGI established BGI Research@Americas in Maryland in 2012 as BGI’s first nonprofit research organization in the Americas. The institute currently conducts joint-research projects and seeks pubic or private funding. It opens another way for us to collaborate with leading researchers in the Americas for scientific advancement.
Our Lab Facilities in the US
BGI Americas has two joint genome centers in the US – BGI@UC Davis and BGI@CHOP Joint Genome Centers. Both centers are providing sequencing services for clients across Americas.
BGI@CHOP Joint Genome Centers
In November 2011, BGI Americas announced a partnership with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, BGI@CHOP, to conduct large-scale human genome sequencing and bioinformatics analysis at a newly established, state-of-the-art Joint Genome Center at CHOP. The partnership focuses initially on the discovery of genes underpinning rare and common pediatric diseases using next-gen sequencing. The center is fully operational and offers sequencing services with ultrafast turnaround time for clients across the Americas.
BGI@CHOP Joint Genome Center
BGI@UC Davis Joint Genome Centers
In October 2011, BGI entered a partnership with University of California, Davis, to establish a state-of-the-art BGI sequencing facility on the UC Davis Health System campus in Sacramento. The new sequencing facility is used to support research initiatives and collaborations and leverages the existing strengths across the Davis and Sacramento campuses concentrating on human and animal health and medicine, food safety and security, biology, and the environment. The center is now accepting samples from clients across the Americas. To learn more, visit http://research.ucdavis.edu/bgi.
BGI@UC Davis Joint Genome Center
- [news]BGI Tech Launches Human Whole Exome Sequencing Service on Complete Genomics’Advanced Platform
- [news]BGI Health Forms Partnership with University of Mayor in South America
- [news]The 2nd International Conference on Genomics in the Americas was Successfully Conducted in Sacramento
- [news]BGI Tech and South Texas Accelerated Research Therapeutics Initiate Collaboration to Advance Unique San Antonio 1000 Cancer Genome Project
- [news]H3 Biomedicine and BGI Announce Collaboration to Develop and Share Crucial Cancer Genomic Sequencing Data
- [news]CHOP and BGI Strengthen Partnership with Agreement on Pediatric Brain Tumor Collaboration in Support of the Childhood Brain Tumor Tissue Consortium