Software Development Intern
Shenzhan, Guangdong, China
BGI is looking for a quick learning, detail-oriented student to be the next intern in a high-performing, fast-paced team at an amazing organization. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research.
The successful applicant will have a strong interest in software development and optimization, coding and image algorithm processing. This position will assist the team to complete the software deliverables for equipment and work close with the hardware development team.
- Design user interface software for biomedical instruments.
- Participate in core module development in architectural design, coding, and quality assurance.
- Engage in software development for medical devices following industry standards.
- Improve the software function of existing products and enhance their operational performances.
- Students must be a junior in a Bachelor's degree program, or above, in Bioengineering, Computer Science, Computer Eineering, Biological Sciences, Electronic Engineering or related areas.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Problem solving experience individually and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- C#, Python, Java, or Object Oriented Language experience preferred (specific to role)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is essential, and fluent communication skills in Mandarin preferred
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September