Business Unit: BGI Research
Location: Shenzhen, China
BGI is seeking a Senior Researcher with a PhD degree with hands-on experience in the areas of tumors, metagenomics, agriculture and evolution. The qualified researcher should have a comprehensive understanding of the fields and insight into the latest research directions. The researcher will also assist and create articles forproject collaborations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research in genomics, pharmacology and pathology.
- Engage in developing core technology and in advancing science in tumors, metagenomics, agriculture and evolution.
- Ability to identify key issues and mobilize different resources to solve critical technical problems.
- For assigned projects, taking control and have the understanding of requirements, monitoring the progression, and achieving the projects objectives with high efficiency and quality.
- Coordinate and manage laboratory processes and draft technical project documents.
- Participate and monitor laboratory researches.
- PhD in Biogenetics, Genomics, Medicine, Clinical Medicine or Agriculture.
- 3+ years of research experience in tumors, metagenomics, agriculture or evolution preferred.
- Proficient with experimental design in bioinformatics, molecular biology and cell biology.
- Demonstrated good reasoning skills and communication to scientific and business inquiries.
- Strong learning agility and problem solving skills.
- Able to design and implement experimental programs independently.