Researcher in Bioinformatics
Business Unit: BGI Research
Location: Shenzhen, China
BGI is seeking a Bioinformatics Researcher with hands-on experience in bioinformatics analysis. The researcher will be responsible for the development and implementation of various research projects. The analyst will also need to carry out efficient and reliable informatics analysis for articles and publications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform informatics analysis for high-throughput sequencing genome databases, and conduct algorithm research and data mining.
- Evaluate and apply existing analysis tools and procedures.
- Investigate, develop, and optimize new methods, processes and software packages for bioinformatics analysis.
- B.S. in Biology, Computer Science, Physics or related fields.
- Solid scripting skills (Perl/Python/Shell) in Linux environment
- Previous software development experience is desired.
- Experience in bioinformatics analysis is preferred.