BGI has developed a systematic research platform based on the combination of biotechnology and information technology, including high-throughput sequencing, proteomics, cell biology, genetic engineering and bioinformatics. It acts as a core unit to participate in national genebank construction, and has established reproductive health centers and clinical testing centers to further promote genetic testing applications to healthcare services, as well as environmental applications and molecular breeding.
- [news] Four BGI Researchers Listed as Thomson Reuters’ Highly Cited
- [news]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [news]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]World’s First IVF Baby Born after Preimplantation Genome Sequencing is Now 11 Months Old
- [news]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [news]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)