BGI has a proven track record of excellence, delivering results with high accuracy and efficiency to support innovative, high-profile research which has so far generated over 2,097 publications in top-tier journals such as Nature and Science. These accomplishments include sequencing one percent of the human genome for the International Human Genome Project, sequencing the first Asian diploid genome, contributing 10 percent to the International Human HapMap Project, sequencing a significant proportion of the genomes for the 1,000 Genomes Project, carrying out vital research to combat SARS and the German deadly E. coli O104:H4 strain, playing a key role in the Sino-British Chicken Genome Project, completing the genomic sequences of rice, silkworm, potato, the human Gut metagenome, etc.
- [news] Four BGI Researchers Listed as Thomson Reuters’ Highly Cited
- [news]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [news]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]World’s First IVF Baby Born after Preimplantation Genome Sequencing is Now 11 Months Old
- [news]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [news]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)