1. On March 11, 2011, South Region was established and headquartered in GHEMC. While on June 14, South Region’s Team completelycreated.
2. On August 5, 2011, BGI donated 100,000 casesHPV screening services to Guangdong Province, project started in Shenzhen for the first stop.
3. On August 9, 2011, Guangdong Province, Heshan city signed framework agreement of “Building Happiness Heshan”with BGI.
4. On September 1, 2011, BGI NIFTY technology hadbeen approved bythe Guangdong Province technology demonstration.
5. On October 20, 2011, GuangmeiYan, the Vice President of Sun Yat-Sen University,and his entourages visitedBGI to discuss joint training and innovative educational matters.
6. On January 19, 2012, JianhuaXu(Secretary of Dongguan City)andBaocheng Yuan (Mayor of Dongguan City)had an enthusiastic meeting withJianWang (president of BGI) and his entourages. They signed agreement of cooperatingin screeningof cervical cancer in Dongguan.
7. On February 8, 2012, Xiaozhuang Zhang (President of Women and Children's Hospital of Guangdong (WCHG)) and Xiuqing Zhang (Vice President of BGI) unveiled two nameplates, “Guangdong Birth Defect Gene Bank of National Gene Bank” and “Noninvasive prenatal genetic testing joint laboratory of WCHG and BGI”.
8. On February 22, 2012, ZhiyuPeng (Presidentof South Region) and XiaoxueTian (Deputy Director of Panyu Health Bureau) investigated the location of Clinical Testing Center in GHEMC.
9. On April 24, 2012, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College and BGI signed agreement for building Joint Trans-OmicsLaboratory.
10. OnJune 2, 2012, Genomics Joint Laboratory by Women and Children`s Hospital ofFoshan and BGI was founded.
11. June in 2012, BGI signed agreement with Panyu District Government for founding clinical testing center.
12. On June 12, 2012, Both South China Agricultural University and BGI discussed collaborative innovation and had a set of agreement on scientific innovation and joint-supervision.
13. On July 4, 2012, Guangzhou Women and Children MedicalCenter and BGI signed a strategic cooperation agreement toaccumulate scientific achievement’s translating to clinical applications.
14. On July 5, 2012, Jinan University and BGI signed a strategic cooperation framework agreement tofound a joint college.
15. On July 16, 2012, the First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University (FAHJU) and BGI got agreement in scientific research and clinical gene test. FAHJU joined the national gene bank, and they will select and share samples with detailed medical record in the future.
16. On August 1, 2012, Shenzhen Futian district government and BGI signed a strategic cooperation agreement. The agreement included noninvasive prenatal diagnosis, fetus chromosome aneuploidy test, fetus deaf relative gene test, neonate hereditary metabolic disease detection and so on.
17. On September 26, 2012, Foshan government and BGI signed a strategic cooperation agreement.
18. On October 15, 2012, Guangdong Medical college and BGI signed ceremony of “Happy Western Guangdong and Healthy Zhanjiang” and press conference was held successfully.
19. In September 2012, BGI`s “Guangzhou Oncology Trans-Omics Research Laboratory” was approved with the great help of Bureau of science and information in Guangzhou.
20. On December 11, 2012, Guangzhou CDPU and BGI investigated the potential cooperative project.
21. On December 29, 2012, South Region successfully held “Partner Return Banquet and Academic exchange conference”.