On July 14, 1999, BGI was founded with the mission of 1% of the human genome for the International Human Genome Project.
On June 6, 1999, the International Human Genome Organization announced the registration of China’s entry into International Human Genome Project, which marked China was the sixth member country of the International Human Genome Organization after America, UK, Japan, Germany, and France BGI, aligning with Chinese National Human Genome Center at Shanghai and Chinese National Human Genome Center, Beijing jointly completed the mission of 1% of the human genome for the International Human Genome Project.
At 9:9:9 on September 9, 1999, the inaugural meeting of BGI was held on the third floor of the sixth Building, B Block in Beijing Airport Industrial Zone September 9 was authorized as the Anniversary Celebration Day of BGI.
- [News]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [News]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [News]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)
- [News]DNA Identification of Indian Ocean Tsunami Victims
- [News]SARS Project