On April 26, 2000, BGI signed a cooperative agreement of ‘Chinese Hybrid Rice Large-scale Random Sequencing and Application’ with Mr Yuan Rongping, Mr Zhu Lihuang from Institute of Genetics, CAS.
On June 26, 2000, 16 centers of the International Human Genome Project jointly announced the first working frame map of the human genome had been finished.
On June 28, 2000, the former Chairman of PRC, China, Mr Jiang Zemin highly praised the first working frame map of the human genome and expressed his sincere thanks to the scientists and technicians He pointed out that Human Genome Project is a magnificent scientific project in the history of sciences.
In the year of 2000, the first working frame map of the human genome was regarded as Number One in the World Top 10 Scientific and Technological Advances and Number Four in the China Top 10 Scientific and Technological Advances.
From October 18 to October 20, 2000, Danish scientists came to China and held formal meetings on the Project of Domestic Pig Genome in BGI.
- [News]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [News]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [News]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)
- [News]DNA Identification of Indian Ocean Tsunami Victims
- [News]SARS Project