On January 23, 2002, the Chinese part of the working frame map of human genome and rice genome ranked the second and third place in the 2001 Top 10 National Scientific and Technological Advances.
In March, 2002, National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) approved the BGI Bio-information System National Engineering Research Center.
On April 5, 2002, Science published BGI’s academic paper of the working frame map of rice genome on the cover page.
In the year of 2002, International HapMap Project was launched by American, Chinese, Canadian, Japanese, British, and Nigerian scientists BGI, as the leader of this project, assumed 10% of the workload.
On Novermber 11, 2002, Mr Yang Huanming was awarded the ‘2002 Global Scientific and Technological Leader’ by Scientific American.
In the year of 2002, the rice genome sequencing was regarded by Science as the third in 2002 Global Top 10 Accomplishments The detailed map of rice genome ranked No 1 of Chinese Top 10 Scientific and Technological Advances.
- [News]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [News]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [News]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)
- [News]DNA Identification of Indian Ocean Tsunami Victims
- [News]SARS Project