On February 1, 2005, the article regarding the “fine map” achievement of Rice Genome Project was published on PLoS Biology (Vol3 Issue2, 2005).
On July 1, 2005, on behalf of Chinese government, Chinese Premier Jiabao Wen and CAS President Yongxiang Lu handed over the DNA testing results of the tsunami victims, which was completed by BGI, to Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
On October 27, 2005, the achievement of the International HapMap Project, which ranked 1st in the top 10 list of global science progress in 2005 (evaluated by Science), was published on the cover page of Natural.
- [News]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [News]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [News]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)
- [News]DNA Identification of Indian Ocean Tsunami Victims
- [News]SARS Project