On October 18, 2006, Nobel Prize winner James Watson, who is one of the discoverers of the double helix structure of DNA, visited BGI.
On October 23, 2006, “2006 International Genomics Conference” that would last three days was inaugurated beside the West Lake in Hangzhou.
- [News]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [News]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [News]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)
- [News]DNA Identification of Indian Ocean Tsunami Victims
- [News]SARS Project