In April 2007, BGI-Shenzhen was officially registered in Shenzhen.
On October 11, 2007, BGI-Shenzhen accomplished “The First Asian Genome Map”, and convened a press conference.
On October 30, 2007, “2007 International Genomics Conference” that would last four days was inaugurated in the Sheraton Hotel in Dameisha Shenzhen.
In December 2007, Science reported the achievement of “The First Asian Genome Map” by BGI-Shenzhen, which was considered as an important contribution to the research field of individual diversity in human genome, that ranked 1st in the top 10 list of global science progress in 2007.
The achievement of “The First Asian Genome Map” was selected as “2007 China Top Ten Science & Technology News” by Science & Technology Daily.
- [News]BGI Ranked 5th of NPI 2013 Top 10 Chinese Institutions
- [News]BGI Listed as Fast Company’s 2014 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- [News]BGI Ranked 119 of Global Top 200 Scientific Institutions in 2012
- [News]BGI Shenzhen Ranked 5th of NPI China Top 10 Institutions (2008-2012)
- [News]DNA Identification of Indian Ocean Tsunami Victims
- [News]SARS Project